Monday, October 5, 2009

Daddo's Favorite Rice Dish

Another 'vintage' recipe --
I remember Mom's recipe card said "Gary's Favorite Rice Dish." I don't even know if I've made this since I've been married, but I was just craving it the other day and made it for a potluck we went to. It was a big hit. I've since made it with Trader Joe's Brown Rice Medley as well. Loved that more than chocolate cake. mmmm....
Anyway, here it is:

1 C long grain rice
3 chicken bouillon cubes
1/4 C finely cut onion (of course I left this out and used onion powder instead)
1 t onion salt
1/2 C margarine (I used butter)
2 1/2 C boiling water

Spread rice in a flat baking pan and roast in a 375 degree oven until golden brown. Stir occasionally (I just took it out and shook it) -- total of about 15 mins. Put rice in a 1 1/2 qt casserole dish; add remaining ingredients; cover and bake at 350 for 30 mins.

EXCELLENT side dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment